Seeking a challenging position with an established company offering the opportunity for growth and advancement within the company.
Implemented HS&E Management System (SMS). Worked with Senior Management and all personnel in lowering the 12-month average Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) from over 3.00 to the current 1.56 in two (2) years at Rescar Companies and from 4.77 to the current 2.55 in seven (7) months at National Oilwell Varco (Willis) and 3-year average TRIR from 3.54 to 1.46 in approximately four (4) years at Gyrodata. Experience Modification Rate (EMR) went from 1.04 to 0.86. Vehicle Accidents were reduced to half from 2013 to 2015 at Gyrodata.
Self-motivated, self-starter and work well without supervision. Multi-tasked, team oriented, dedicated, professional, and committed to confidentiality. Bilingual in English/Spanish with the ability to translate. Able to prioritize and remain focused while working under pressure. Great employee/customer service skills.
• Certified and efficient in Microsoft Office XP Professional, Microsoft Office 2007, and Vista software such as Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, Access (new and existing queries), and Office Outlook.
• Oracle Internet Procurement and Internet Expenses
• RISKMASTER (ESH Reporting Software)
• ISNetworld, PEC Premier, BROWZ, and AVETTA
• COGNOS BI / OPS Manager
• JD Edwards HSE Reporting
• Dale Carnegie Leader to Leader Management
• OSHA Specialist in Safety & Health (SSH) for General Industry (09/2013),
• OSHA Specialist in Safety & Health (SSH) for Oil & Gas (04/2013),
• ESH TapRoot/Root Cause Analysis Certified,
• OSHA 511OG General Industry for Oil & Gas Certification,
• Well Control Certification (01/2011),
• OSHA 2015 Hazardous Materials,
• OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene.
• OSHA 7505 Introduction to Accident Investigation
• MMS 30 CFR 250.67 Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
• OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 Respiratory Protection
• ANSI/ASSE Z390.1-2010 Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S ) Instructor (Refresher)
• OSHA 5810 Hazard Recognition for Oil and Gas Exploration and Production
• OSHA 2264 Permit-Required Confined Space
• Sam Houston State University – Impaired Driving Programs – Drug Impairment Training for Texas Employers
• City of Houston Fire Department – Fire Prevention and Life Safety – Evacuation Training in Mid-Rise Building and Hotels
• SafeGulf/SafeLandUSA/SEMS (Core and Basic Safety Awareness)
• National Safety Council Defensive Driving Certification
• Behind the Wheel/DriveTec (Road Test Evaluation) Instructor Certification (Arbuckle Truck Driving School)
• National Safety Council First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Certification
• National Safety Council Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens Instructor Certification
• Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Instructor
• Medic First Aid/CPR (Instructor/Trainer)
• The Globally Harmonization System for Classification and Labeling (GHS)
• Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
American Intercontinental University – Online
Achieving Bachelor’s Business Management
Still Attending. Graduation October 2018
University of Texas at Arlington – Arlington, TX
Credentials: Specialist in Safety & Health (SSH) - General Industry and Oil & Gas
Received: September 2013 and April 2014
Working towards a degree in Occupational Health and Safety and participating in the OSHA Training Institute program to achieve Certified Safety and Health Officer. (CSHO)
University of Phoenix – Houston, TX
Education Level: Senior – Achieving Bachelors’ Business Management: G.P.A.: 3.30
North Harris Montgomery Community College – Houston, TX
Education Level: Associates / Accounting: G.P.A.: 3.67
MacArthur Sr. High School – Houston, TX
Education Level: Graduated in 1980 G.P.A.: 3.90 Business/OEA
02/2016-02/2018 Rescar Companies Houston, TX
Corporate Safety Manager – North America
Responsible for the development, deployment and management of the safety practices with the operations network of locations. Reviewed, evaluated, and analyzed work environments; made recommendations for improvements and corrective actions. Evaluated existing safety programs, policies, and management systems; recommended and implemented changes to improve the overall efficiency/effectiveness of the safety program and performance at Rescar. Supported interface with customers related to safety and provided training and coaching to individual locations throughout North America.
• Assisted in building a proactive safety culture with the organization. Promoted and realized incident free performance by holding locations accountable to safety standards, injury review processes, and leading/demonstrating by example.
• Assured locations followed and maintained compliance with applicable OSHA and EPA federal, state, local and Rescar Safety regulation/requirements.
• Visited various Rescar locations (plants, field service, customers, etc.) to evaluate safety behaviors, work hazards and exposures; determined trends and patterns in performance. Promoted sharing of safety best practices and common work practices among Rescar locations.
• Scheduled and conducted site safety audits at Rescar locations for and with customers and location management. Wrote safety audit reports related to findings and assisted locations in developing corrective action plans and strategic performance initiatives.
• Trained employees on Rescar safety procedures, practices, JHAs, JSAs, and other safety programs to assure employees understood and conducted work activities in compliance with Rescar and customer safety standards.
• Provided the technical expertise and management guidance to identify potential process failures, investigated process failures that lead to workplace incidents and environmental impacts.
• Worked with location managers, regional managers, plant managers and corporate leadership to ensure continual improvement and compliance in eliminating incidents, injuries, illness and environmental events. Provided skilled technical safety assistance and support to operations as required.
• Wrote and developed special work safety instructions to ensure all employees were performing tasks in a safe manner. Evaluated tools, equipment, and techniques. Reviewed Safety Data Sheets and incorporated handling precautions into the work procedures.
• Performed investigations for incidents, near misses, property damage and safety violations. Responsible for ensuring Rescar’s accident/injury reporting and procedures were followed and completed.
• Maintained and reported on leading and trailing metrics, produced monthly performance reports and companywide safety communication materials.
• Provided plant level support, as needed, to promote safety first culture and develop safety capabilities of plant leadership teams. Worked closely with operations in defining best practices and standard operating procedures.
• Promoted the use and understanding of the Safe/Unsafe Card program companywide.
01/2015-8/2015 National Oilwell Varco Willis, TX
HSE Manager – Willis Manufacturing Plant
• Provided comprehensive direction and support to the manufacturing and operations group. This included providing guidance and direction to management and all personnel on the importance of the implementation of Health and Safety Programs and promoting continuous safety improvement, as well as compliance and regulatory issues.
• Direct liaison between Employees, Department Managers, Vice President of Manufacturing, as well as Vice President of Health, Safety, Environmental, and Quality.
• Direct interaction with Regional HSE Manager regarding Recordkeeping requirements, reporting criteria, monthly Business Score Card (BSC), monthly Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR), Program gaps, and Plant changes and progress regarding HS&E.
• Audited Plant HSE program and conditions.
• Implemented and directed daily Tool Box Safety meetings, monthly Safety meetings, and classes in plant operations.
• Assisted Departmental Managers and General Manager with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requests, distribution, and administration.
• Conducted client HS&E meetings with General Manager and Operations Representatives.
• Maintained all Department Managers and employees informed and educated on the latest updates and topics regarding Government regulations. Interfaced with other NOV locations on all HSE standards and procedures.
• Enforced the Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures for National Oilwell Varco per company and OSHA standards.
• Oversaw and conducted Incident Investigations using QFocus and JD Edwards reporting systems with DNV incident investigation criteria. Involved in the implementation and training of Kelvin TopSet Incident Investigation program.
• Trained employees and assisted with the implemented of the conversion to JD Edwards HSE reporting and tracking system.
• Wrote Business Proposals for implementation and the purchase of equipment to provide a safer work environment for all employees. This was done to run a more cost-efficient operation while working safely.
• Re-introduced the New Employee HSE Orientation, Monthly Workgroup Safety Training (consisted of different work topics pertaining to current work situations), Visitor Safety Orientation, and Contractor Safety Orientation. Committee Leader for HSE Location Management Team and Process Champions.
• Assisted in Management of Change (MOC) process and approval.
• Oversaw the preparation of all SPCC and all other Environmental reporting for the facility.
• Presented at all Quarterly Management Review meetings providing facility statistics and program gap analysis for Vice President of HSE&Q, Vice President of Manufacturing, and Department Managers.
• Interfaced with Corporate Workers Compensation department on open incident cases.
• Participated in all facility, machinery, and equipment move projects during plant shut down.
01/2010-10/2014 Gyrodata, Inc. Houston, TX
HSE Supervisor – North America Region
Direct liaison between Country/District Managers and direct report to Chief Financial Officer regarding HS&E. Participate in Regional and Safety meetings in field locations and operational bases. Assist District Managers and District Coordinators with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requests, distribution, and administration. Attend client HS&E meetings with District Managers and Marketing Representatives. Maintain all District Managers informed and educated on the latest updates and topics regarding Government regulations. Interface with other Gyrodata regions on all HSE standards and procedures. Established and enforced the Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures for Gyrodata Inc.
• Maintain the Gyrodata Safety Manual updated to comply with OSHA and Client standards.
• Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring HSE programs, ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and Corporate requirements.
• Developed programs and policies to assure compliance and constant improvements to all applicable safety and environmental systems.
• Maintained all Federal and State reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
• Responsible for investigating injuries and accidents in compliance with applicable OSHA reporting requirements using standard processes as well as TapRoot/Root Cause Analysis. Monitor trends related to all employee work related injuries and illnesses.
• Update ISNetworld and PEC Premier Safety databases, and other client specific databases. Comply with participating customer requirements, Review and Verifications, Training matrix, HS&E Questionnaires, and showing monthly/quarterly/annual statistics via ISNetworld, PEC Premier, and PICs.
• Locate and correspond with vendors for OSHA Standard, Client, and company requirements for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Educate the field employees on the care and maintenance of PPE Perform risk assessment studies for all Gyrodata product lines. Travel to district offices and job sites to perform internal HS&E audits in accordance to OSHA Standards, Client, and company requirements. Report any potential hazards and concerns to district managers and upper management for corrective action.
• Administer the Gyrodata safety training courses including, but not limited to, RigPass? (IADC) and SafeGulf/SafeLandUSA/SEMS certification. Train Gyrodata personnel and field employees on HS&E related issues at Office, Field locations and Rig sites.
• Maintain the company Training Matrix in accordance to Customer and Gyrodata, Inc. requirements with respect to Safety and Skills/Knowledge reviews.
• Responsible for implementation of Passport for Health, Safety, and Environment.
• Complete all HSE portions of Tenders, MSA’s and contracts.
• Created and maintained a repository of all industry related incidents, observations and improvements
02/2008-01/2010 AGS/AECOM Camp Taji, Iraq
Taji National Depot - Resource Coordinator / Grade GSE13
Administer human resource actions for the project under the direction of the Business Office Manager. Strong interaction with Employee Relations issues. Liaison with GSS (overseas division) regarding personnel, payroll, and benefits. Responsible for assigning housing for all new employees. Involved with internal recruiting efforts. Responsible for enforcing and updating personnel procedures, guidelines, and policies. Recommend, process, and finalize transfers, promotions, and placement of internal applicants within the project. Process new employees once they hit ground in Iraq. Call forward positions through corporate office via the corporate website (portal) to initiate recruiting efforts.
• Coordinated and performed Quality/HS&E training for all new Expat personnel with respect to International work and travel.
• Trained Iraqi local nationals and soldiers on HS&E standards for the work they performed under the direction of the United States Military and the Iraqi Army.
• Conduct exit interviews for identification of possible or existing problems as well as reasons for leaving.
• Prepare routine statistical analyses related to personnel, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), hiring, and other employment concerns.
• Schedule and perform orientation/training as required for all employees including Supervisors/Managers to comply with contract requirements.
• Maintain personnel records on all employees as well as the project manning (Staffing Chart/Matrix).
• Prepare and submit payroll via GSS (overseas division) portal as well as submit employee expense reports via the GSS portal.
• Update and submit SPOT (Synchronized Predeployment and Operational Tracker) report information to the corporate office via the Contracts office for Government accountability.
• Request CAC reverifications and revokes as well as LOA renewals and revokes via the SPOT system (CVS).
• Responsible for arranging transport to and from Baghdad International Airport via PAX (Passenger) terminal or PSD (Personal Security Detail) including the arrangement of travel from Baghdad International Airport to point of debarkation and back for R&R, demobilization, and emergency leave.
02/2007 – 02/2008 ITT Industries-GMASS/Kuwait Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
Quality Systems Analyst/Executive Administrative Assistant to the DPM of Maintenance / Grade GSE11(promoted)
Continuously monitor and evaluate program performance and the effectiveness of the surveillance program, and procedures. Maintain records to support the Quality Management System (QMS). Participate and facilitate, as required, in process improvement meetings.
Schedule and attend meetings with the United States Army Commander of the 2-401st AFSBn and ITT Industries Management. Assisted the Deputy Program Manager (Maintenance) and the Maintenance Manager of the GMASS Task Order 1 in Kuwait-Camp Arifjan. Responsible for maintaining records for the entire Maintenance department regarding leave/vacation requires for both Foreign Nationals and EXPATs, performance appraisals and offer letters for EXPATs, Fuel and Cell Phone Card reimbursements, Local Purchase requests, and all other employee issues, finances, and concerns. Prepare and maintain spreadsheets using Excel for department reports. Script during Maintenance meetings as well as employee counseling by Deputy Program Manager. Schedule meetings and training classes for the Leadership Group
• Maintain and comply with Corrective Action Required (CARs) and Preventative Action Required (PARs) issued by the Quality Systems department.
• Primary focus on Human Resources, Quality, HSE, Supply/Logistics and Administrative office.
• Perform departmental and section audits per the Quality Management System. Ensure audits are thorough and objective. Perform special audits at the request of upper management to evaluate a particular area of concern or in preparation of an external audit or review.
• Maintain the Quality System throughout the entire contract in accordance with ISO 9001:2001 standards, ALSETS Standards, Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP), and the Quality Plan.
• Complete audits as directed by Quality Systems Supervisor in preparation for external audits by third parties.
• Prepare audits, evaluate responses, and perform follow-up actions. Conduct deficiency analysis. Develop and update checklists prior to conducting audits. Monitor functional area internal inspection programs through analysis of the reporting system. Conduct activity, technical, and special inspections as required.
• Edit documents, plans, policies, statements of work (SOW), standard operating procedures (SOP), and work instructions prior to submission into the SharePoint systems for the Global Maintenance and Supply Services (GMASS) to utilize for day to day operations.
• Issue and close Corrective Action Required (CAR) and Preventative Action Required (PAR) used to identify non-conformities or deficiencies in the QMS per section or department.
• Trained incoming Administrative Assistants on daily, monthly and overall departmental procedures and policies.
• Maintain Deputy Program Manager and the Maintenance Manager calendars.
05/2006-02/2007 AMEC Paragon Engineering Houston, TX
Provided support to Project Director, Project Managers, Client, and other project team members. Managed the Administrative staff for said project. Delegate tasks to Administrative staff accordingly. Format and prepare all documentation for submission. Submit documentation prepared for the Engineers into FileNet, Requests for Distribution, and Transmittal software for review by the Client. Maintain the calendars of all Lead Project team members regarding scheduling of meetings and functions onsite and offsite. Prepare Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly reports, and presentations for project. Coordinate Conference room availability. Updated and coordinated the Project Action Items List weekly for submission to Project team members and the Client. Maintain Project files, contact list, and emails. Prepare Minutes of Meetings for Project meetings. Prepare and submit expense reports for Project Director and Managers. Administer Time Entry into the company time entry software for the Administrative staff and Offsite contract employees. Maintain the Project Organizational Chart. Submit invoices for approval and payment. Coordinate travel arrangements, both domestic and international.
• Coordinate Project Orientations, meetings, and assist in HS&E training for all Project team personnel to visit and work on International rig sites and Field locations.
• Supported specialized International projects such as Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) and Golden Pass Project (Exxon/Mobil and Qatar).
• Assisted in the writing and preparations of Reports, Specifications, Quality/ESH Audits, and Surveys for submission and review to the Client.
• Assisted the Quality and Safety Project Managers in the preparation, coordination, and completion of Offsite and Onsite audits.
• Prepared and updated documentation for the Quality Management System (QMS).